If you’re looking to create tickets with a special offer, at a discounted price, or simply hide tickets from the general public using a password, then adding access codes to your tickets is the solution.
When you add an access code to a ticket type, the ticket will not be visible to everyone who visits your site. Only people with the code in their possession will be able to access the ticket when they enter it during purchase.
Part 1 - Hiding the Ticket Type (Event Creator/Editor)
- Create an Event or click Edit if you have already created an event (in the edit section on the left side choose ''Tickets'');
- Create a ticket type or find the ticket type you want to edit;
- Click the Advanced settings if you are creating a ticket or edit next to the ticket type which you want to hide, then click Advanced settings;
- Select Yes under "Hide ticket type unless an Access Code is entered."
Part 2 - Assigning a Code to the Ticket Type (Manage Event)
- Go to the Manage section of your event;
- On the left-hand side, Select Promotions & Offers then Access Codes from the list on the left;
- Click the Generate access code button;
- Select the ticket type which you would like this particular access code to apply, and define your code;
- Add a limit if required (optional);
- Click Generate.
NOTE: Setting how many tickets can be bought limits the number of tickets for which this particular code can be used in total, not how many times the code can be used. If you would like to have better limitations we recommend you use our Campaigns solution.
TLDR: Check the box in the Ticket Advanced Settings, go to Manage -> Promotions & Offers -> Access Codes, and create a new access code attached to the ticket type.
Giving your Ticket Buyer's a direct link to an access code
If you have an event with access codes and you want to send your ticket buyers a direct link rather than just the code, you can do so within your event's URL.
This will allow your ticket buyers to skip the "Redeem code" bit and go straight to purchasing tickets with the access code applied.
This will look something like this: