Audiences (previously target groups) are a system to work alongside Campaigns and/or the Seated Reservation system.
This allows you to upload CSV files onto Billetto to be processed in one for many different purposes like:
- Loyalty Discounts for previous attendees
- Large quantity of Access/Discount Codes
- Discount for specific users
- Unlocking seats per code
- Barcodes for previous events being used as an unlock code
- Using a code across multiple events with a limited quantity
One option for Audiences is to create a loyalty discount for previous attendees, see more here.
Creating the Audience
You can choose between creating a blank audience group or uploading a CSV file, to upload a CSV file:
- Open spreadsheet software;
- Create the Columns for your desired fields (Code, Category, Seat, Quantity - Only Code and Quantity are mandatory) to a new sheet;
- Enter the desired fields into each column;
- Save this file as a CSV. The separators should be commas.
Uploading an audience with CSV to Billetto
Once you've finished the previous process you will need to upload this to Billetto:
- Click on Promote;
- Then select Audiences;
- Click on Create Audience and select Add Static Group;
- Choose Upload CSV;
- Choose a name for the audience (remember to keep this unique and easily identifiable);
- If you have selected Upload CSV Click on Browse and select your newly created CSV file in the popup window;
- Click Ignore Header Rows (as this will ignore Barcode/Quantity from the spreadsheet);
- Next in the drop down's of each row, you will need to align Barcode to Code and Quantity to Quantity;
- Click Save.
Your previous attendees are now in an audience on Billetto. You will then receive an email stating whether or not the upload was successful.
NOTE: If you have any issues with the upload, we recommend checking:
- that you are using the correct separator in the CSV;
- that the file does not contain any none English characters;
- If you are unable to resolve this get in touch with the support.
Add, edit or delete a new code/member to the audience group.
When you have created an audience group, it is possible for you to add a new code, edit an existing code or delete a code.
After visiting the Audiences page, select Details. If you choose to add or edit a member then you will have 4 fields to fill out, The mandatory fields are Code and Quantity. Code is the access code the customer will use to unlock a discount, Quantity is the number of times the code can be used.
Examples of access code Audience:
When connecting an Audience to a campaign you have the option to use a "Global audience limit" which allows you to have the quantity in the file uploaded to be counted across events rather than per event.