If you have a group (eg. previous participants for another event) that you want to create a special offer for, you can use the Static audience function.
The process is to either create an Empty group where you can manually add information or Import a file with email addresses or codes that are valid and then connect it with our campaign function or plastic map of the event in question.
If you want to create a group where ticket buyers automatically end up at a specific event, you can read more about Dynamic audiences here.
What a Static audience can be used for?
- Discount offer for previous participants;
Reuse of barcode from the previous event
(the barcode is used to unlock a discount offer on another event);
- Discount for specific participants;
- Unlock seat by code;
- Use of code over several events but with a limited number.
How to use Static Audiences?
1. Create a file for a target group (optional)
- Open a spreadsheet;
- Create columns for your desired fields (field = code, email address, category, location, number of tickets) in a new sheet;
- Add your data in each column;
- Export the sheet as a CSV file. commas should be used as characters to separate the fields
2. Upload the file to Billetto
- Click Marketing in the top menu;
Click on Audiences;
- Click Add Audience and then Static;
- Name the target group;
Choose whether to create
- Empty group (if you skipped step 1)
- Import file
- Upload the file;
- Check the box Ignore header row;
- Link the fields in the left list to the information you entered in the target group file;
- Click save;
- You will then receive an email indicating whether your file has been uploaded correctly or not.
If you have problems uploading the file, check if:
- You have used the correct character (comma) to separate the fields;
Your CSV file contains characters or letters that are not in the English alphabet.
You can always change the information manually within an audience.
You can add or remove members / codes in the target group, change the number of tickets or randomly generate new codes. You also have the opportunity to search within the target group.
You will find these functions when you click on the Information on the target group you want to change or see more information about.
Link the target group to the campaign
- Click My events ;
- Click Manage on the event in question;
- Click the Promotions and Offers tab and then Campaigns;
Click Create Campaign
- Under Names, enter the title of the campaign and what will be displayed publicly;
- Under Conditions, select Audience (+ click in the Unlock box for logged-in customers if you want the offer to be activated automatically for logged-in ticket buyers from the target group);
Under Effect, enter the discount that should be valid (+ click in the box Assign code to target group member for item identification if you want the barcode on a previous event to unlock the offer for the ticket buyers in the target group)
(+ click in the box Global audience limit if the number specified in the target group is to apply to more events than to the specific event);
- Start a campaign.