Note: Currently this is only a Beta version and is only available for iOS. If you would like access please get in contact with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Point of Sale system guide for our mobile app.
This guide will walk you through the process of taking payments for tickets in person using the Point of Sale system in our mobile app.
Currently, our integration works with
- BBPOS WisePad™ 3.
To purchase a device you will need to buy it through our partner here.
We've made this process as easy as possible for you. Before getting started we recommend that you set up a location for your device. See the instructions below named "No location setup for device" regarding location before starting selling.
Once you're ready to sell, follow the instructions below:
- Download the Billetto iOS App and log in (through your credentials or Organiser Key);
- Navigate to the Organiser world and select the event you wish to sell tickets on;
- Turn on your POS device;
- Select "Sell" then tap the Tickets you wish to sell to the customer;
- Once ready click the Basket icon in the top right;
- Optionally add an email address if the user wishes to receive the tickets;
- Select Connect and Pay with Stripe;
- The App should locate the Card Terminal and finalise the decision;
- Complete the payment by asking the ticket buyer to tap or enter their card
Your revenue for these sales will be available either 3-5 days after the event is completed (Bank Transfer option) unless you have set up Stripe connect for instant payouts.
General troubleshooting. Experiencing an error like couldn't connect
- Please make sure your iOS app is up to date
- If in doubt, disable and re-enable your bluetooth & restart the point of sale device by pressing the Power button in the top right and confirming.
- However sometimes the POS device will require updates, please make sure that your phone that is connected to the device via Bluetooth is able to connect to the internet.
Can customers pay with Contactless?
Yes, the device securely offers contactless payments with Google/Apple Pay and debit/credit cards.
The App cannot find my device
Please make sure that you have Bluetooth turned on and that both devices are fully charged. If in doubt connect the card reader to its charger and turn it back on.
No location setup for the device
If you're using stripe connect with your terminal, you will need to set up a location for the device. Follow the instructions in the error message to visit Stripe and log in to finalise this. Within the Stripe Reader Locations, Click New - Choose a name for your location and enter the address where the ticket sales will take place. Once you have created a location, you can go back to the app and scan it. Please note that it can take up to 5 minutes to sync the location. Learn more here